Mixed Berry Dutch Baby
The secret to an effortlessly elegant brunch is in this no-whisk dutch baby. Simply whip it up in the blender, toss it in the oven, and enjoy.
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the berries to a mixing bowl. Collect about 1/2 tsp zest from the lemon, then set the zest aside. Juice the lemon onto the berries and toss. Lightly mash the berries if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and put the unmelted butter in a medium cast iron skillet.
- While the oven's heating, add the eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, flour, and salt to a blender, and blend until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Once the oven's hot, put the skillet in to let the butter melt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Swirl the butter around to coat the bottom, then pour the batter in. Pour the berries in the middle, then return to the oven.
- Bake until the edges are browned and puffy, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a side of whipped cream or cottage cheese.
Also known as a German pancake, this fluffy dessert is good no matter what you call it or what you top it with.