I don't know what it is about mini versions of food, but it's just more fun than regular sized food. And mini tacos are the most fun of all, especially for your weekly Taco Tuesday dinner party. This easy recipe is also a big hit for game day appetizers or, really, any time you need a snack. Plus, these baked mini tacos are super easy to make, meaning you can get your Mexican food fix fast.
How To Make Mini Beef Tacos
The ingredient list is short, too. All you need for these baked mini tacos is a 16-ounce package of seasoned shredded beef, 20 mini corn tortillas, a pile of grated sharp cheddar cheese, and a half cup of salsa. Pro tip: If you fix shredded beef over the weekend, save the leftovers to make these mini tacos. You can add your own taco seasoning to the beef and you're ready to go. You can also use ground beef for these tasty tacos or skip the beef and opt for shredded cheese mini tacos, or in this case, quesadillas.
Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a large baking sheet to get it ready for baking the mini tacos. Wrap the mini corn tortillas in a paper towel or tea towel and place them in the microwave until pliable, for a total time of about 30 seconds. Remove the tortillas from the microwave and lay them out on a flat surface. Place about a tablespoon of the shredded beef in the middle of the tortilla, then top it with a little bit of salsa and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and seal with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tacos.
Place all the beef tacos on the baking sheet and then put the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, then take the sheet out of the oven. Flip the tacos over to their other side and place them back in the oven. Bake until the tacos are golden brown and crispy, about eight minutes more. Serve the baked mini tacos with salsa and guacamole and don't forget to remove the toothpicks from the tacos before you eat them!
Add your own twist and flavor to these fiesta eats and mix in jalapeno, cilantro, or green chilies and top with sour cream. Wash this tacos recipe all down with a margarita.
Baked Mini Beef Tacos
- 1 16-oz package seasoned shredded beef
- 20 mini corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salsa and guacamole for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and place a sheet on aluminum foil on a large baking sheet.
- Wrap the mini corn tortillas and place in the microwave until pliable, about 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and place about a Tablespoon on the shredded beef and a sprinkling of cheese. Fold in half and seal with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tacos.
- Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. Flip tacos over and continue to bake until golden brown and crispy, about 8 minutes more. Remove from the oven discard toothpicks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.