Mexican Rice Horchata
Agua de arroz is a lightly sweetened, creamy, and refreshing drink that goes perfectly with hot, sunny days and cool breezes.
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinced
- 8 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon (For garnish)
- 1/2 cup sugar (Or sweetened condensed milk)
- Add the rice and cinnamon stick to a blender. Pulse to slightly break up the rice, about 1 to 2 minute's worth. Add half the water, then blend another minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl or pitcher and add the remaining water. Soak at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours.
- Return the mix to the blender to process until smooth, work in batches as needed.
- Strain through a cheesecloth or fine sieve, and pour into a pitcher. Stir in sugar, then chill for an hour or two, just to get it completely cold.
- Stir before stirring, pour over ice, and garnish with ground cinnamon.