Mexican Corn Salad
This Mexican Corn Salad is exactly like an Elote, but in salad form! Grilled corn topped with cotija cheese and chili powder.
- 4 ears corn, silk and husks removed
- 2 Tbsp mayonaise
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Preheat your grill over high heat. Add corn, turning every few minutes, and cooking until charred in spots and tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and use a knife to cut kernels from cob. Add to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add mayonaise, sliced green onions, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, and cotija cheese. Toss ingredients together. Garnish with chili powder.
If you don't have a grill you can always sauté the corn in a cast-iron skillet until tender and charred. You can find cotija cheese in the cheese section, usually it is packaged in smalls rounds.