The Mansfield Pickle Queens will once again host the World's Only St. Paddy's Pickle Parade and Palooza on March 15-16 in historic downtown Mansfield, the Pickle Capital of Texas.
The eighth annual event features live music, food, family fun, and of course, pickles. For example, every participant in the Pickle Runs will receive a big dill pickle (maybe the best race favor ever), and the winners receive jars of pickles.
New this year! Sign up to play in the Cornhole Tournament at the Pickle Palooza! Register at pickleparade.org to save your spot. $20 per team, play on the street in downtown, fantastic trophies!
The festival kicks off Friday evening with the keg race and popular pet parade followed by a free concert at 7 p.m. by King David Band on the main stage. The Friday night event also features a fun cornhole tournament.
The Pickle Runs and Baby Parade happen Saturday morning, so get your cameras ready to take some pics!
The main event happens at 1 p.m., when the Pickle Queens lead the Mansfield Pickle Parade with a Mardi Gras theme down Main Street. With a lot of sass, these queens always steal the show.
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2019 Pickle Queens!
There are also pickle eating and pickle juice drinking contests on Saturday. The festival ends with Lauren Corzine giving a concert that evening. Except for the fun run, all the festivities have free admission.
The festival is produced by the nonprofit Pickled Mansfield Society. Money raised by the organization goes to support organizations like Feed the Kids, Lucky Fund
supporting the Mansfield Animal Shelter, Trinity Habitat for Humanity, the Salvation Army and the Mansfield ISD Scholarship Fund.
The Mansfield Pickle Queens, known for their red wigs and green thrift-store gowns, is an official chapter of the Sweet Potato Queens organization.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 15
- 5 p.m.: Pet Parade on Main Street; Cornhole Tournament at Smith and Oak streets
- 6 p.m.: World's Only St. Paddy's Beer Keg Race on Main Street
- 7 p.m.: Free concert by the King David Band on the Main Stage
Saturday, March 16
- 8 a.m.: Pickle Runs begin with 10K, followed by 5K and Kids K, 500 E. Dallas St. , Mansfield
- 9 a.m.: Free concert by Run 4 Cover band on the Main Stage
- 10 a.m.: Opening of vendor market, food court, children's Pickle Playground, Community Stage
- 11 a.m.: Baby Parade on Main Street
- 1 p.m.: Pickle Parade on Main Street 2:30 p.m.: Phineus Reb on the Main Stage
- 4:30 p.m.: Pickle eating and pickle juice-drinking contests and pie eating contests on Main Street
- 5:30 p.m.: Free concert by Lauren Corzine the Main Stage