Make-Ahead Turkey Tetrazzini
Got casserole on your mind? This classic Turkey Tetrazzini is made in advance and chilled to make this meal a weeknight favorite.
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Cook spaghetti according to packaging and drain.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook until bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth gradually while stirring and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add milk, heavy cream, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in spaghetti and turkey.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Uncover the baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and cook until heated through, about 50 minutes. Remove foil and cook 10 minutes more. Serve.
You can find cubed turkey in the deli section of your grocery store. You can substitute half-n-half for the heavy cream and milk.