Lemon and Basil Tuna Pasta Salad
This delightful and bright salad is quick to put together any day of the week and lets pure flavors shine through.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz oil-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (Optional)
- Plenty of freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta per package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked pasta and dressing in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Add tuna, olives, and a fresh sprinkling of pepper. Top with Parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!
This salad would be perfect alongside some Cheddar and Herb Twists or any other crunchy bread.