Lemon Sweet Tea
Easy step-by-step instructions for a wonderfully refreshing lemon sweet tea.
- 4 cups water, plus enough to fill the pitcher
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 single serving tea bags (or 3 family-sized)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 gallon pitcher
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the tea bags, remove from heat, and let steep for 5 minutes. Then discard the tea bags.
- Add the sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice, then let cool before transferring to the pitcher, unless your pitcher is heat resistant.
- Once in the pitcher, add enough water to fill it. Let chill thoroughly before serving, at least a few hours.
- When ready to serve, place lemon slices in glass with ice, and pour tea over it.
If you find the tea too acidic but don't want to increase the sugar, try adding 1/4 tsp baking soda to neutralize the acids. I also like to play with extracts here. After transferring to the pitcher, try adding 1/2 tsp almond extract and see how you like it.