Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Check out this amazing recipe and you'll see that roasted chickens aren't just for the holidays, they look great on the dinner table any time of year.
- 1 roasting chicken, 4-5 lbs (At room temperature, giblets and neck removed)
- 3-4 lemons
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 1 head garlic
- 8 tbs butter, softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F and position rack on lower 3rd.
- Zest two lemons then cut all lemons in half.
- Cut the top off the garlic head. Remove 3-4 cloves and mince them.
- Strip 2 rosemary sprigs of their leaves and mince.
- Add lemon zest, minced garlic, and minced rosemary leaves to softened butter in mixing bowl. Stir to evenly combine. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pat the chicken dry, then rub on the butter mixture, making sure to get in all the crevices and under the skin where able.
- Juice two lemon halves over the chicken. Leave spent peels in the roasting pan.
- Stuff cavity with remaining garlic head, unjuiced lemon halves, and 3-4 rosemary sprigs. Place unused rosemary sprigs and lemon in the roasting pan around the chicken.
- Bake until deep golden brown and juices are clear. Timing varies based on the exact weight of the chicken, so check the packaging. Could take about 70-90 minutes.
Got some extra potatoes? Cut them into large wedges and place around or under the chicken to cook them at the same time.