Happy hour at a great bar is fun, but happy hour is even, well, happier when you're sitting on your front porch sipping a grown-up beverage. This lemon moonshine recipe is a DIY cocktail for hot summer days, perfect for backyard parties, lakeside picnics, and front porch sitting.
Lemon moonshine is so easy to make. Start with a simple syrup made from six cups water and two cups sugar, letting the white sugar dissolve into the water in a saucepan over medium heat. Chill the syrup. You'll need the juice of eight lemons or two cups of lemon juice. Mix the juice with the chilled simple syrup, then add the moonshine or Everclear. Store the lemon moonshine in mason jars.
Chill the moonshine for at least two hours before drinking, but you can also make batches to give as gifts. Tie a cute ribbon around the lid or pour into funky bottles with a tight seal. When you're ready to serve, add lemon slices and a crowd of friends.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 lemons, juiced Or 2 cups of lemon juice
- 2 cups moonshine Everclear can be substituted
- Boil water and sugar until dissolved.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Juice lemons for 2 cups of lemon juice. Add lemon juice to chilled simple syrup.
- Add moonshine to mixture, stir, and chill for 2 hours.
- Store in jars.