Leftover Turkey Chowder
Got a bunch of leftover turkey? Make this Leftover Turkey Chowder for a healthy and flavor-packed soup. It makes a great weekday lunch.
- 1 15-oz can cream style corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot combine the cream style corn, chicken broth, carrots, celery, potatoes and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and heavy cream. Reduce to low. When turkey is heated through serve in bowls.
Make sure the soup does not boil after adding the heavy cream, otherwise it will curdle. Serve with crackers or a fresh baked roll.