This cheesy, melty lasagna is sure to become a family favorite with it's blended layers of flavor and simple ingredients.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (Check out our handy how-to video)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 cup broth or water
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (Or 4 tsp dried)
- 2 cups mozzarella (Sliced or shredded)
- 1 cup Parmesan, divided (Shredded or grated)
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the pasta noodles per the package instructions, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the hot sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until the meat has browned, then drain about 1/2 the fat.
- Add the sauce along with the Italian seasoning and broth then heat to a simmer. Let cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan, then place the first layer of pasta down. That should use 4 noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of the meaty sauce over the noodles, then sprinkle with about 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Place another layer of noodles down, then spread on 1/2 the ricotta mixture. Spread on another 1/3 of the meat sauce, topped with mozzarella.
- Add another layer of noodles, then use the second half of the ricotta. And finally, the last of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the top generously with mozzarella and Parmesan. Tent the top with foil (to avoid touching the cheese), then bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before slicing, then enjoy!
This is a good lasagna recipe to build off of. Try playing around with the types of meats and veggies in the sauce to come up with your favorite personalized combos. It's also a really good make ahead recipe. Put together the lasagna a day ahead then let it rest in the fridge. Let it sit at room temperature for an hour, then bake as directed.