Key Lime Moonshine
Grab a taste of the Florida Keys with this tropical Key Lime Moonshine. Made with key lime juice and fresh key limes to make you pucker up!
- 2 cups Everclear or plain moonshine (Grab something close to 190 or 195 proof)
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 5 key limes, quartered
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Pour the everclear, key lime juice, and the key limes into a quart mason jar and shake to combine. Let sit for 3 weeks, shaking the jar every other day.
- In a saucepan add water and sugar and heat until sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the key limes from the alcohol and return the alcohol to the jar. Add the simple syrup mixture and seal the jar, letting the jar sit for at least 2 weeks.
- Serve with club soda and ice.
If you want your alcohol to be stronger, us less simple syrup. Serve this moonshine with a bit of soda water and ice.