Kale Cranberry Pepita Salad
This hearty and refreshing kale salad with pumpkin seeds and cranberries is a welcome side for any dinner, or perfect workday lunch.
- 8 cups shredded kale leaves (About 2 bunches)
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced (Or sub for 1/4 red onion + 1 clove garlic)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs basalmic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sesame oil over medium. Add the shallot and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the kale, stirring it in until all of it has had a chance to touch the oil and it has begun to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and ground ginger. Pour this over the kale and let cook 1-2 minutes to reduce.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the cranberries and pepitas. Toss to evenly distribute. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
This dish is also tasty cold and leftovers make a wonderful lunch.