This easy to make, flavor packed breakfast comes together in less than 30 minutes and is great to treat yourself with but pretty enough to serve to friends.
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (About 15 oz each)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers, from a can packed in adobo sauce
- 2 tbs adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lime's worth of jucie
- 10 eggs
- 10 tortillas
- 1 to 2 cans refried beans (About 15 oz each)
- 1/4 cup cotija
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Purée salsa ingredients in a blender until mostly smooth. Heat a high walled skillet with 1-2 tsp vegetable oil on low until the oil begins to shimmer. Transfer the salsa to the skillet and cook to let thicken. Stirring occasionally, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas, either wrapped in a paper towel in the microwave, or on a skillet. Don't fry them to a crisp, we just want them warmed up and pliable. Also warm the refried beans.
- Working in batches as needed, fry the eggs in the tortilla skillet.
- To serve, place two tortillas on each plate. Top the tortillas with beans, then place an egg on each tortilla. Pour the salsa on, then sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
To make this even faster, use about 2 cups of a spicy red store bought salsa.