Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings
Make any meal a party with these easy, irresistible wings that are guaranteed to become your new favorite.
- 4 tbs Bourbon
- 6 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbs molassas
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 6 tbs honey
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 3/4 cup Bourbon, divided
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs hotsauce
- Combine all marinade ingredients except the chicken in a bowl, stir until combined.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade until coated. (I like to do this step in a ziplock bag instead of a bowl.)
- Refrigerate and let rest at least 30 minutes, but up to a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, boil 1/2 cup Bourbon until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup Bourbon, honey, vinegar, ketchup, and hot sauce. Stirring occasionally, bring mix to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Keep warm and let rest while chicken is baking.
- Bake chicken until golden and juice is clear when the thickest part is cut to the bone, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush on sauce.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more to thicken the sauce and glaze it on.
- Grab plenty of napkins and enjoy!