Honey Apple Muffins
Have you ever tried Honey Apple Muffins? We really love the sweetness wildflower honey brings to these apple muffins. Yum!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Place 2 Tbsp of the mixture in a small bowl and add the apples. Toss to coat.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and honey until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping between each addition. Add in the milk, vanilla, and dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the apples.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared tins, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool and serve.
We like using muffin liners because it makes for easier clean up! Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon if you wish.