Homemade Fried Pickles
Fried pickles may seem like a delicious restaurant only treat, but these pickle chips are surprisingly quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups sliced pickles, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 11/2 tbs cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Spread the pickle slices over paper towels to pat completely dry.
- Heat 1 to 2 inches of oil to 375 F.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the flour and spices.
- Dip the pickles in the buttermilk, then transfer to the flour mix and toss to coat.
- Fry them a few at a time, to avoid crowding the pan or lowering the oil temperature too much. Cook until golden brown, should take about 1 to 2 minutes. They often will flip themselves over, but you may need to help them along.
- Remove to fresh paper towels to drain while cooking the remaining pickles.
These crispy, crunchy, tart snacks are great on their own, but even better with our Fry Sauce.