Homemade Cool Ranch Doritos
In just 20 minutes, make a batch of the legendary Cool Ranch Dorito copycat chips at home, from scratch, and snack like a boss.
- 20 corn tortillas
- 2 1 oz dry ranch seasoning packets
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp tomato powder
- 2 tbs cheddar cheese powder (Can sub for nutritional yeast)
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the tortillas into 6 wedges.
- Mix the dry spices together in a bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Prepare a dish or baking sheet with paper towels, to drain the chips once fried.
- Fill a Dutch oven, deep fryer, or cast iron with at least 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to about 350 F.
- Fry 1/4 - 1/3 of the tortilla wedges until crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the paper towels and drain slightly, but add the seasoning before they cool. If they're too dry, the seasoning won't stick.
- Repeat for all wedges, and enjoy! These are best when served same day, but can be refreshed in the oven.
This seasoning blend is so good you'll start finding excuses to use it in everything from popcorn to pasta salads. If you don't want to deep fry them, brush the wedges lightly with oil, then bake in an oven heated to 350 F until crispy, about 10 minutes.