Hidden Zucchini Brownies
With how rich, decadent, and chewy these chocolatey brownies are, no one will be able to tell zucchinis have been secreted in.
- 8 oz zucchini (About a 9 inch zucchini, or about 2 cups shredded)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (Not espresso ground coffee. Can sub for a dark roasted instant coffee)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl, stir to evenly combine.
- Combine the zucchini, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- (Alternatively, if using shredded zucchini, combine butter, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Leave out the zucchini for now.)
- Spoon the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just incorporated. Fold in the walnuts (and shredded zucchini, if using).
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and bake until the brownies spring back when gently touched, about 25-30 minutes.