Herb Marinated Mozzarella
Marinated mozzarella is elegant finger food that harnesses flavorful herbs, is incredibly easy to prepare, and fits right in with other festive appetizers.
- 1 lb mozzarella (Grab a fun bite-sized one like ciliegine, bocconcini, or slice a loaf into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- Salt, to taste
- Add the olive oil, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, red pepper, lemon zest to a mixing bowl. Roughly crush the peppercorns and toss them in too.
- Drain the mozzarella if it came stored in water or oil. Add it to the oil, and toss to coat. Transfer to a sealable container and cover. Either let rest at room temperature for an hour, or refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve at room temperature, with crusty bread to pair it with.
Try this with all your favorite cheeses! It's wonderful with feta and goat cheese. And don't forget about the herb infused oil! It makes for a wonderful dipping sauce, or can be refrigerated and kept for up to a week for use in other dishes.