Turn up the class on your baked potatoes with these delicious and fancy looking accordion potatoes.
- 8 large potatoes (I like Russet or baking potatoes for this)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tbs butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (Pick your favorites or use up leftovers. For this I like rosemary, sage, parsley, oregano, or thyme)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes clean then pat dry.
- Cut slits in the potato, leaving the bottom 1/4 inch intact. You can do this by placing the potato in a spoon before slicing (the walls of the spoon prevent the knife from going all the way down) or by placing a chopstick on either side of the potato.
- Transfer potatoes to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Heat oil, butter, garlic, and paprika in a small sauce pan until butter has melted and flavors have had a chance to mingle.
- Brush roughly half of the butter mixture onto the potatoes and between the slits, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes, then remove from oven to sprinkle with fresh herbs and brush on the remaining butter mixture. Pinch the potatoes slightly if they aren't fanning out.
- Return to oven and continue baking until potatoes are tender inside, about 30 more minutes.
Have fun with these! Try stuffing garlic or thinly sliced meats between the potato layers, or top with cheese.