Ham and Leek Quiche
This delightful ham and leek quiche can be put together in moments, leaving you to sit back and bask in the tasty smells coming from the oven.
- 1 9-inch pastry crust (Store bought or make your own)
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced (Or sub with 3 medium)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup Gruyere (Or sub with Swiss)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Sauté leeks in 2 tbs butter until they begin to soften and caramelize. Set aside to let cool.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Once leeks have cooled, scatter them in the bottom of the crust. Sprinkle in ham and shredded cheese as well. Then pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake until center has set and the crust is golden, about 40-45 minutes. Let cook a few minutes on a wire rack before cutting to serve.