Ever had one of those times you've wanted to eat guacamole with a spoon? This avocado salad and citrus dressing is the answer.
- 2 large avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (Can sub for 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 tbs lime juice (1 or 2 lime's worth)
- 1.3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Optional but helpful to prevent browning: Toss the avocados in the dressing, then transfer avocados to the mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients, then pour the dressing over everything. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or chill and serve. It's also a great lunch salad you can prep in the morning or the night before.
If you're one of those folks for whom salads don't feel like a meal without some meat, try adding a handful of crispy chopped bacon. It's a great texture and wonderful flavor. [embed_recommendation]