Guacamole Bacon Deviled Eggs
Creamy with a hint of spice and a bacon-y crunch, this festive Tex-Mex take on the classic deviled egg is sure to disappear fast.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 2 strips bacon, cooked extra crispy
- 1 tbs lime juice (About a half lime's worth)
- 1 tbs red onion, minced
- 1 tbs jalapeño, minced
- 1 tbs cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Peel and halve the hard boiled eggs. Put the yolks in a mixing bowl. Cube the avocado and add to the mixing bowl as well.
- Slice or crumple one slice of bacon, and, you guessed it, add it to the mixing bowl along with the lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mash up the mixture with a fork or potato masher until the mixture is relatively uniform. Spoon filling into egg whites directly, or use a piping bag.
- Crumple the remaining bacon, and sprinkle over the eggs. Serve with a side of lime and cilantro for optional garnish. Top with chili powder for color, if desired.
The filling can be made and refrigerated a day ahead of time if needed.