Grilled Turmeric Chicken Wings
Take a bite into these grilled chicken wings flavored with turmeric and coconut milk. They're a great alternative to fried wings!
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- Vegetable oil for the grill
- Lime wedges
- Combine coconut milk, garlic cloves, ginger, lime zest and juice, salt, and turmeric in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and add chicken wings, tossing to coat. Marinade in fridge 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile heat your gas grill to medium high and oil grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken wings, turning frequently to prevent burning, about every five minutes. Cook until chicken is nicely charred and cooked through, about 35 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to serving plate and serve alongside extra lime wedges.
Turmeric is a spice from the ginger family. You can find it regularly in the spice aisle at your local grocery store. You can marinade the chicken wings up to 24 hours.