Grilled Peaches with Mint
Peaches take beautifully to being grilled. Topped with minted sugar, these peaches bring layers of flavor to a refreshing dessert.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 6 peaches
- Mild tasting oil
- In a food processor, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup mint leaves. Pulse until the mint leaves are very finely ground and are evenly distributed within the sugar.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Lightly brush the cut sides of the peaches with the oil, then set them on a hot grill. Leave a little space between them so that the hot air gets all around them.
- Cook until grill marks form and they begin to lightly caramelize, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip them, and sprinkle on 1 to 2 tsp sugar. Let cook a minute or 2 longer to warm through.
- Remove from the grill, garnish with fresh mint, or extra mint sugar, and enjoy!