Green Bean Bundles
These sweet and savory appetizers will fly off the table faster than you can say "green beans and bacon."
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly grease a 9x 13 baking dish.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half, length-wise.
- Gather about 5 green beans and wrap in a bacon slice. Place the bundles seam-side down in the baking dish. Use a toothpick to keep them together if they're troublesome. Continue until all beans and bacon have been used.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter and add the brown sugar, garlic, and pepper. Whisk until sugar has dissolved, then brush over the bundles.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes more.