Greek Salad with Grilled Romaine
Fully of smoky flavor, crunchy hearts, and crispy edges, this flavorful salad is the type that makes people ask for seconds.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (A balsamic reduction would work too if you have one on hand)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Slice the heads of romaine in quarters lengthwise. Trim away excess at the bottom, but leave enough so that all the leaves stay stuck together.
- Drizzle the oil over the quarters, trying to get between the leaves when possible. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Place the lettuce cut-side down on the grill and cook until wilted and charred, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other cut-side for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on the olives, peppers, and feta. Drizzle on the balsamic.