Greek Protein Pancakes
These delicious Greek Protein Pancakes take everything you love about a pancake breakfast, but swap in natural ingredients in place of the oils and butters.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Honey, for topping
- Bananas, for topping
- In a blender, combine the rolled oats, flour, flax seeds, baking soda, and salt. Briefly pulse together for about 30 seconds. Add the yogurt, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Leave the batter to thicken. In our kitchen with high humidity, this happened between 15-20 minutes.
- Over medium heat, warm a nonstick pan brushed lightly with coconut oil.
- Once the pan is hot, ladle 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until the pancakes are golden brown. You'll know they've reached the desired color when small bubbles form and then pop on the surface. This typically takes about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for another two minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven as you continue making pancakes.
- Serve with any toppings you'd like, though we are always partial to bananas and honey!
For more fantastic recipes and information, head on over to Jen Reviews. Start your day off with a bang, and sip on this.