Texas Grapefruit Salad
When Texas grapefruit is involved, every bite is a wonderful citrusy indulgence that makes for the perfect lunchtime pick-me-up.
Grapefruit, Chicken, and Walnut Salad
- 2 large Texas grapefruits
- 12 oz salad greens
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, chopped (Or use leftovers from our grilled grapefruit marinated chicken)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Halve both grapefruits. Juice as needed to get 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, then peel the rest. Separate into segments, then cut each segment in half.
- Whisk together the grapefruit juice, salt, mustard, red wine vinegar, and honey. While continuing to whisk, pour in the olive oil.
- Toss together the salad greens, grapefruit segments, chicken, and walnuts. Pour the vinaigrette over, and toss again. Sprinkle on the cilantro, add some freshly cracked pepper, and enjoy!