Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
Soft and pillowy gnocchi make this Gnocchi Mac and Cheese so delicious! Make your own gnocchi or buy it pre-made, we won't judge.
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare your cheese sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil to thicken. Reduce to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the gnocchi and sauce. Serve with parsley.
You can also top this with breadcrumbs and bake until crispy. We love serving this as a weeknight dinner.