Editor's Note: Products featured on Wide Open Eats are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
There is an old Danish proverb that says, "No one is rich enough to do without a neighbor." Neighbors are more than just the people next door who borrow our stuff or mosey themselves into hanging out in our front and back yards. Sometimes, you fill in as their dog sitter. Other times, they save your skin by watching the kids in a pinch when you need a date night. Neighbors are the people with whom we build community.
There are a lot of reasons for wanting to grab some appreciation gifts for them. Many of us have been spending a lot more time with our neighbors recently. If last year taught me anything, it's this: It doesn't have to be the holiday season to engage in a bit of gift-giving. There's no time like the present to tell the people in your life that you're grateful for them. Show your favorite neighbor that you're thankful for their presence with the perfect gift.
National Neighbor Day is coming up on September 28th. Get prepared with these great gift ideas!
Best Gifts for Neighbors
1. Neighbor Gifts | Best Neighbor Ever | 20 Ounce Black Stainless Steel Travel Tumbler Mug with Lid and 2 Straws | For Housewarming Moving Going Away Thank You Awesome Christmas Gift Idea by JENVIO (20 Ounce)
This coffee mug is a simple gift that comes right out with what you want to say. If you've truly got the "best neighbor ever," then this stainless steel tumbler is gifting made easy. This 20-ounce mug is vacuum insulated to keep cold drinks frosty and hot drinks steaming. This is a Neighbor's Day gift that will have your friends sipping all the way into hot chocolate weather.
2. Hello Neighbor - Presents for New Neighbors, New Home Candles Gifts, Welcome Home Neighbor Gift Ideas, Poured in USA, Decorative Aromatherapy, Housewarming Gifts for New Home, Friendship
Small batch candles are a unique gift for a great neighbor who doesn't need much. This Hello Neighbor candle is 100% soy wax, handmade and poured in the USA. Bringing over fresh chocolate chip cookies is always a good move, but the vanilla-sandalwood-amber scent of this candle is sure to last longer than any sort of food gift.
3. Best Coffee Gift Set 8 Assorted Coffees +1 French Press Glass Coffee Maker. Sumatra Timor Uganda Ethiopia Colombia Guatemala. All Amazing Coffee from All Over the World
Speaking of food gifts, nothing says "Welcome to the neighborhood," like a well-stocked gift basket full of goodies and fun ideas. The last time I checked, coffee was both a goodie and a fun idea. A coffee box with flavors from all over the world is sure to get you invited over for a cup. Maybe you'll get your own "Best Neighbor Ever" mug to drink it out of?
4. Neighbor Housewarming Gift A Good Neighbor is A Found Treasure Waffle Weave Dish Towel Hand Towel (Good Neighbor Towel)
The quote on this tea towel is from a Chinese proverb, but the sentiment has a home wherever awesome neighbors are found. Hopefully, that's right next door to your own house. This neighborly dishtowel is made from a hypoallergenic polyester blend that quickly dries after clean-up.
5. Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit - Herb Seeds Gardening Kit Planting Pots & Potting Soil - Heirloom & Non GMO - DIY Home Seed Starter Herb Garden Grow Plant Kit (Ceramic Pots)
If you've got neighbors who love to ask you for a snip of your garden herbs, consider a thoughtful gift box like this indoor planting kit. What a fun gift, and with the added benefit of bringing more peppermint and parsley to your block. The heirloom seeds come with easy directions for growing organic herbs in no time!
National Neighbors Day is right around the corner. Find the perfect midsummer holiday gifts for your neighbors on Amazon today.