German Potato Salad
Served warm or cold, this amazing mayonnaise-free potato salad is a welcome side on any table.
- 3 lbs medium red potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 3 tbs stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes over medium-high heat until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat to desired crispiness. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and reserve bacon drippings.
- Add about 1-2 tbs bacon drippings back to the skillet now over medium, along with the onion and celery. Sauté 3-5 minutes, to desired tenderness. When done, transfer to mixing bowl.
- Slice potatoes into quarters. Add potatoes and bacon to mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine vinegar, honey, and mustard with 1 tbs bacon drippings. Whisk to emulsify.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and toss to combine. Sprinkle on dill and parsley, and add salt and pepper to taste.