Fruity Pebbles Pancakes with Milk Syrup
Can't decide between cereal or pancakes? Now you don't have to. Grab your buddies, some Saturday morning cartoons, and put cereal inside your pancakes.
Fruity Pebble Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, Fruity Pebbles, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg. Whisk in the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium with a tablespoon or two of butter or vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until just combined. Scoop out the batter with a 1/3 cup measuring cup and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until they're nicely browned. You'll know when they're ready to flip because the bubbles around the edges will stop forming.
- Melt the butter in a 3 quart saucepan. You could probably get away with 2 quart, but the milk rises as it cooks so you'll need to keep a good eye on it.
- Add the sugar and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat. While continuing to stir, let boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let rest 3 to 4 minutes, then stir in vanilla and salt.