Fruit Salad with White Wine Marinated Strawberries
Wine marinated strawberries come from an old European tradition of combining simple ingredients to make something extraordinary.
- 1 lb strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 tbs sugar
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Whisk together wine and sugar. Pour over strawberries and chill for 30 minutes to 3 hours. A smaller container works better to make sure the strawberries are covered.
- Transfer strawberries to a larger bowl and add the remaining fruit. Toss to get the rest of the fruit in contact with the sweetened wine.
- Garnish with mint, basil, or other fresh herbs as desired.