Fruit Salad Cone with Whipped Marshmallow
No fork, napkin, or knife required with these fun, summery fruit salad cones. And topped with homemade whipped marshmallows, they're absolutely divine!
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 6 waffle cones
Whipped Vanilla Marshmallow Topping
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 vanilla bean (You could also use 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Toss together the chopped fruit. Spritz a little lemon juice over the apple if desired, to prevent it from browning.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds.
- Prepare a double boiler, with a saucepan of water, and a large mixing bowl above it. Bring the water to a simmer.
- Combine the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and vanilla bean seeds in the mixing bowl.
- Whisking constantly, gently cook just until the sugar dissolves and the mix is very slightly warm.
- Remove the bowl from heat and whisk it with either a stand mixer or an electric mixer. Begin slowly, but increase the speed to high as you are able to while still avoiding splashes.
- Beat until glossy and thick, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Fill the cones with about 1/2 cup of fruit, then top with a dollop of the whipped marshmallow.