Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Fun and easy to make, these yummy frozen chocolatey banana treats will delight healthy snack lovers of any age.
- 4 ripe but firm bananas
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 8 oz good quality chocolate chips (We love dark or semisweet, but it's great with milk too!)
- 2 tbs neutral tasting oil (Vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil all work)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Cut each banana in half, then insert the wooden craft stick. Place on a parchment or wax paper lined tray, then freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the topping ingredients by either spreading on a plate to roll the banana in, or by making ready to grab and sprinkle on. Also, melt the chocolate along with the oil, either slowly in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Roll each banana in the chocolate, then quickly top with the desired toppings. Once all are done, return them to the freezer and let chill until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.