Baked Pickle Chips
Eating fried pickles doesn't have to be super oily. These Baked Pickle Chips are crunchy and crispy but are prepared without all the oil.
- 1 cup pickle chips
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat the pickle chips with a paper towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl combine the panko, butter, dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl add the flour. In a third bowl add the beaten eggs and 1 Tbsp water.
- Dredge the pickles in the flour, then the egg wash, then the panko mixture. Press the mixture to coat both sides of the pickle fully. Place on the prepared pan and bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pickles from oven and serve warm.
You can flip these pickles halfway through cooking to get both sides super crispy. Hamburger dill chips work great with this recipe.