Fresh Strawberry Italian Soda
Sip on this refreshing Strawberry Italian Soda made with fresh strawberries. Add a bit of heavy cream to make this drink complete.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- 1 lb strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
For 1 Drink
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup club soda
- heavy whipping cream
To Make the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Place strawberries and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let the strawberries simmer for about 20 minutes. Skim the foam which floats to the top while the strawberries are simmering.
- After 20 minutes remove from heat and strain the strawberry liquid into another clean saucepan. Discard strawberry solids.
- Add sugar to strawberry liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
To Make The Italian Soda
- In a tall glass filled with ice, add 2 Tablespoons strawberry syrup, 1 cup club soda, and a splash of heavy whipping cream if desired.
We love making our own simple syrup but if you want to make these on the fly, use store-bought strawberry syrup. When straining the strawberries make sure not to press down on the berries to release the juice. It'll cloud up your syrup.