Fresh Fig and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Nothing says comfort food like a grilled cheese. Elevate yours with fresh, in-season figs for the ultimate sweet and savory sandwich experience.
- 2 slices your favorite bread
- 1 to 2 fresh figs, thinly sliced
- 3 slices extra sharp cheddar (About 2 to 3 oz total)
- Butter both sides of the bread slices.
- Break one of the slices of cheese in half, then layer 1 1/2 slices on each piece of bread. Lay out the fig slices on one slice of bread, then place the fig-less bread over the fig-ed bread.
- Heat a heavy pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add the sandwich and cook until lightly browned and the cheese is beginning to melt. Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve warm, cut in half diagonally if you're feeling fancy.
Fresh figs are one of the best fruits to pair with cheese. Try this with fontina, brie, or goat cheese to find your favorite!