Easy Veal Schnitzel
Travel over to Austria and take a bite out of our super Easy Veal Schnitzel. You'll be singing like Maria and the kids with this dish!
- 6 thin veal steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups coarse breadcrumbs, like Panko
- vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges to serve
- Pound veal with a meat mallet if thick.
- In a shallow pie dish mix together salt, pepper, and flour. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and 2 Tbsp water. In a third bowl add the breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the veal in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Place veal on a plate and chill 30 minutes.
- Pour enough oil in the pan to cover the bottom and heat over medium-high. Once hot, add the veal and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with lemon.
You can also use pork for this recipe as well. This Schnitzel goes great with a simple green salad.