Most people would say the most complex card game of all time is poker. I agree. There are tons of rules, and it gets so competitive. I mean, there are even poker tournaments to prove it. Poker is fun and is also ruthless.
Do you know what else is also ruthless? UNO. Do you know what makes UNO a bit more merciless (and exciting)? Adding a boozy twist. Kick the classic game to the curb and turn a game of UNO into a fun drinking game.
- Includes rule card, shot glasses, and Drunk Uno cards
- Great birthday gift for a 21-year-old
- Perfect for bachelorette party pregames
Forget about planning a trip to Las Vegas for card games and shots. Drunk UNO is here to satisfy your alcohol-friendly game nights. This classic card game stirs up enough enthusiasm sober, so imagine getting a Draw 4 and a tequila shot!
This drinking card game might get a few of us in trouble, but it's a risk we're all willing to take. The Drunk UNO game comes with six shot glasses and official rules. Draw two means take two shots, and Draw four means take four shots!!
Drunk Uno Rules
I love the game rules! Everyone has their weird UNO rules, so you might as well have fun with it and add Tito's or Jameson to the mix. Coming up with party games can be tough, especially when people aren't into guessing and trivia games.
You can play Drunk Uno with a plain deck of Uno cards and use your own shot glasses as well.
- Decide on the dealer. This can be luck of the draw, who is the oldest, or can be appointed.
- The dealer shuffles the deck and hands each player 7 cards, facedown. After the cards are dealt, one additional card is flipped over as the starting card.
- The person to the left of the dealer always starts first.
Every player has three choices when its their turn:
- Match the card in the play pile with the same color or number,
- Use a wild card
- Use a + action card based on the color of the face up card. These cards make the person next in line take the number of shots on the card.
If you cannot do any of these, pick up cards until you can play on your turn.
Down to one card? Yell, "Uno!" for all to hear and all other players take a shot. Yell "Uno" too soon and get called out, that shot is going to you plus two cards.
The winner is the person with zero cards at the end of the game.
This game is perfect because everyone loves UNO! Is anyone else a social drinker? I know the feeling, so for me to enjoy a shot and a zesty slice of lime, I need some good company around me cheering me on.
Next time your favorite drinking buddies want to get together for some fun, pull out the UNO drinking game. You supply the game and have your friends provide the alcohol. That sounds like an equal trade.
Forget beer pong! This is going to be so much fun. For more drinking games, be sure to check out DIY Jello Shot Jenga.
This post was originally published on March 5, 2020.
Products featured on Wide Open Eats are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.