Pizza rolls are always a huge hit. Really, you can't go wrong with pizza rolls for appetizers, a snack, for parties, for potlucks, for game day. You can absolutely buy a box from the grocery store or you can make homemade pizza rolls with our DIY Totino's pizza rolls recipe. You don't even have to make your own pizza dough, because these treats call for ready-to-use wonton wrappers. These pepperoni pizza rolls take very little prep time and even less cook time, which means you can have crispy, yummy bites any time you want them.
Start by cutting pepperoni slices into little squares, then toss the pepperoni in a bowl with shredded mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. Break up the cheese shreds if they're extra long; for both the cheese and the pepperoni, smaller bits are better. You can also use an Italian cheese blend or add some Parmesan cheese if you like, and you can add any extra seasoning to taste.
Lay the wonton wrappers out on a flat surface; a baking sheet works well. Place a small amount of the filing in the center of each wrapper, no more than two teaspoons. Fold the wrapper in half to make a rectangle (or fold corner to corner to make a triangle) and wet the edges. Press the edges to seal them completely. Heat about an inch of oil to 375 F in a large skillet. Place the rolls in a single layer and fry them until each is golden brown, a total time of about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve the rolls while still hot with pizza sauce, marinara sauce, or garlic butter for dipping.
You can also makes these pizza rolls with any kind of pizza topping. You might include veggies or Italian seasoning or sausage - whatever your favorite flavors are, they'll work here.
DIY Totino's Pizza Rolls
- 1 package wonton wrappers, 1 lb (Check the produce section, they're often found refrigerated near the tofu)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or pizza blend
- 12 oz pepperoni slices
- 14 oz pizza sauce (Plus more for dipping)
- Oil, for frying
- Finely slice pepperonis into squares. The smaller they are, the more evenly they'll distributed through the filling.
- Toss the pepperonis in a bowl along with the shredded cheese and pizza sauce. If the cheese is a bit long or stringy, try breaking it up a little.
- Put about 1 1/2 to 2 tsp filling into the center of each wrapper. Fold it in half to make a rectangle, then wet the edges, and press to seal.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375 F. Fry each roll until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.