Cucumber Tomato Salad
This quick to toss together salad holds it's own as a tasty and healthy lunch, or a as a tangy vegetable side to complement any meal.
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into half or quarter moons
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
Optional but tasty additions
- Fusilli pasta
- Kalamata olives
- Crispy fried bacon
- Sliced chicken breast
- Crusty bread
- Toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion slices in a bowl until evenly distributed.
- In a mason jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Lid the jar then shake to combine. Use quickly, as the mixture will soon separate. But if that happens, all it takes is another quick shake.
- Top with feta, additional freshly cracked black pepper, and enjoy!
Try it with these savory kalamata olive muffins!