This tangy, savory sandwich is a great way to give leftover ham a new flair.
- 1 loaf Cuban bread (Can sub for hoagie rolls)
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 5 slices baked ham
- 2 slices roast pork
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 dill pickle
- Slice the bread lengthwise down the middle. Slice the pickle lengthwise into long, thing strips.
- Layer top half of sandwich with mustard and pickles. Put the ham and roast pig on the bottom slice. Put the cheese in the middle.
- Spread butter on the outside of the sandwich, then cook.
- Using a heated waffle iron or panini press, grill until cheese is melted and bread has browned and crisped, about 5-10 minutes, depending on the machine. If you don't have a waffle iron or panini press, cook both sides of the sandwich in a skillet over medium-low heat to melt the cheese, then increase the heat to toast the bread.