Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
This classic Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole is so easy to put together! Delicious and satisfying comfort food at it's finest.
- 2 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For The Crunchy Topping
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, rice, cream of chicken, cream of celery, onion, celery, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Pour into the dish
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, breadcrumbs, melted butter, and thyme. Sprinkle over the chicken mixture and bake until golden brown and heated through, about 35 minutes.
This is a great way to use up leftovers from the night before. You can substitute the heavy cream for plain greek yogurt.