Packed with dried cranberries and golden raisins, these Cranberry Scones are the perfect addition to your weekend brunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or your hands, mix the butter into the flour until crumbs the size of large peas form. Add the cranberries and raisins. Stir in the heavy cream and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 3-5 times. Form the dough into an 8-inch circle. Transfer to the baking sheet. Cut into 8 slices, keeping the scones still in a circle.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and 1 Tbsp water. Brush on the scones and bake until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with butter and honey. These scones are best eaten the same day as baked.