Corn Dogs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Bring the county fair back home with these delicious homemade corn dogs you can dip in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 popsicle or craft sticks
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
For The Corndogs
- Heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In separate bowl whisk together honey, egg, and buttermilk. Combine with cornmeal mixture to make a thick batter.
- Insert popsicle sticks into hot dogs, making sure to leave a bit of the stick showing as a handle to hold. Pat each hot dog dry with a paper towel.
- Holding onto the end of the stick, dip each hot dog into the batter making sure to cover the hot dog entirely. Drop immediately into oil and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
For The Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- In bowl combine mayonaise, mustard, honey, vinegar, and paprika. Serve with corndogs.
These corn dogs can be made in advance and reheated in the oven. Make an extra batch of the honey mustard sauce to serve with hamburgers!