Cinnamon Apple Walnut Cookies
Cinnamon, walnuts, and apples. What's better than that? These Cinnamon Apple Walnut Cookies are a fun and healthy after-school snack.
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl toss together the apples and the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix into the butter mixture until just combined. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Scoop out cookies onto the sheet pan and bake until soft, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool before serving.
We like to use Golden Delicious apples for this recipe. If you like crispy cookies bake these cookies about 15 minutes.